Check this out.
Not to expect perfection from ourselves. The classroom is an unusual setting & we won't create as we might in a quieter, more comfortable setting.
Why worry that our classwork isn't up to par with others (or even what we perceive others expectations of our work should be)? The stages we're at in our calligraphic journey are distinctly unique to US.
We all learn in different ways; "it" may come to us when we take time to review and if it's a letter style, it will definitely require practise.
- Take notes if you need to in class, but really when the situation calls for it (this is ART, after all) just let go and have fun.
- Explore. Experiment. See what happens. Be a kid again!
- (Now that's definitely a lesson I need to remind myself!)
- I'll be teaching Kersals again for ECS on Nov.8 & 9th. It's been a while so expect some changes & be prepared to play!
- p.s. The Edmonton Calligraphic Website is temporarily under...undergoing a change of servers, if that makes any sense...or something.