Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bow Valley Calligraphy Guild Anniversary


The calligraphic community in Alberta is celebrating a couple of milestones this year! The Bow Valley Calligraphy Guild in Calgary is 30 years old & planning something special for their fall newsletter. They sent out a notice for a comment along with a logo-type design, so I did up this little piece using a Techniquill pen, fine point marker and Higgins Eternal Permanent Black ink.


Below are a few I fooled around with; pretty similar but mostly trying to get a workable "s" on "years" that didn't look like it was hanging out there too much, all alone. I had another page of trials, tracing back & forth using a small lightable.Now that I look at the finished product I see the that the final "s" really looks more like a lower case "d" and the little ampersand amongst the monoline words looks more like an "e", cause I forgot to put in the "t"-like slash; ampersands having originated from the latin ET. or something.

Duhhhh. This is why I don't hold a regular job, people! Yeeesh!

No comments: