Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Seasons Greetings


Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season with good health and happiness!


We had another great meal and fun time at the Edmonton Calligraphic Society's Christmas Social. http://edmontoncalligraphicsociety.ca The theme was Christmas Around The World, where upon entering we each were presented with a handmade nametag with an airport code on the front. I thought I was visiting Romania, but my destination turned out to be Rome! Pat & Jan created a fun evening which included songs, games and interesting tales of family traditions from members and guests.


I received some wonderful cards from members. I wasn't able to reciprocate unfortunately, what with my sabbatical, and was giving out hugs instead. Ok, the truth? I spend way too much time playing with the new puppy. So much, in fact, I believe he now thinks I'm his dog mommy. What can I say...I've always been an exceptionally good barker, and in fact can bark & whine to match any mood.

So I'm posting this greeting to you from a few years ago. I've got this thing about stained glass (see how happy I was when I FINALLY received a lamp for Christmas.)

The angel original was painted in watercolors and outlined with a black fine-tipped pen; the message created in a style taught by Alan Blackman at one of the conferences in Lethbridge. It reads "and the angel said unto them fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people" Too bad I forgot about the halo; perhaps I'd intended to add it in a metallic later.

No comments: